Posts Tagged ‘podgrab’
PodGrab, my Python open source command-line downloader has been updated to version 1.1.0. This will probably be the last version aside from minor bug fixes. New in this version is import/export support for OPML files and more media formats supported than just MP3. It now supports pretty much every type of downloadable audio/video media podcast format out there, aside from pure text feeds. The full list is MP3, M4V, OGG, FLV, MP4, MPG/MPEG, WMA, WMV and WEBM. It currently uses SQLite for it’s subscription database, but if I get enough requests or I want it for myself I’ll add MySQL database support.
You can grab the new version here.
PodGrab, my open source audio podcast RSS downloader has been updated to version 1.0.3. This is the final release before PodGrab 1.2 comes out. I’m planning to add OPML import/export support for the next release.
Fixes for this version include:-
- Downloading previous episodes of a podcast now works again :-)
- Various error detection routines for incorrectly formatted podcast item dates.
- Disallows you to add a podcast subscription to the database if it already exists.
- When you delete a subscription, the files are also downloaded from the podcast download directory.
- Download directory now defaults to ‘podcasts’ rather than ‘Podcasts’ as this was annoying with Linux tab auto-complete.
You can download the latest version here.